Are you looking to increase engagement on your Facebook page? Let me guess, you are spending time writing the most amazing piece of content and then getting excited to share it with your Facebook Fans then… you post it and Boom… Nothing… Nobody notices it, ZERO interaction!
Trust me I know how it feels, but the good news is that I found a solution! Taraaaaa the magic word is: Facebook GIVEAWAYS!
Now before we go any further I want you to keep in mind that this would work if you have a product or a service based business. All you have to do is start thinking of what kind of product or service your ideal customer would love to get.
With Facebook changing their algorithm, your posts are reaching less of your Fans so they are less likely to see the content that you are sharing on your Facebook page.
I was sure that there must be a way to get more people to see and share MiniMeCity’s posts and to get our fans more engaged and excited about our brand, despite this change.
So to all my lovely business owners seeking to get back the BUZZ and engagement back on their Facebook page, this is for you!
By running a successful Facebook Giveaway, you will be:
- Generating more Leads
- Driving more traffic to your website
- More subscribers= More Revenue! Cha Ching!
- Increasing engagement on your Facebook page
- Increasing brand awareness and reaching a bigger audience
- Getting more Facebook Likes
So in this blog post, I will be sharing a case study with you about a successful contest that I ran on my Facebook business page (MiniMeCity.com) that resulted in:
- $6,295 in Revenue from that giveaway alone
- 464 Shares on the post
- 374 likes on the post
- 225 Comments on the post
- 518 more new likes on MiniMeCity’s Facebook page during just the 19-day giveaway period!
- 58K video views
So I am going to be sharing with you everything I have learnt from running this Giveaway on my page.
So without further due let’s get started! 🙂
1. FACEBOOK RULES AND TERMS OF SERVICE
Now before you move on to the other points on this blog post. I want you to make sure of the Facebook rules at the time you are reading this blog. You can click here and scroll down to the Promotions section on that Facebook terms page. Make sure to get familiar with them before you move on to the second step.
2. PLAN & SET THE RULES FOR YOUR FACBEOOK GIVEAWAY
Now comes the creative and fun part. To help you plan a successful Facebook Giveaway I want you to ask yourself these questions:
- What do you want as an end result after the giveaway is over? What is your big goal by running this Giveaway? Is it to generate more leads? Maybe you are launching a new product? Creating brand awareness?
- What would one need to do in order to enter the giveaway? You can ask them to Like or comment on your post for example or maybe even add a picture as a form of entry on the post you created. This way they can get their friends and family to “Like” that picture on that Giveaway post.
Remember it’s best to make it easy for people to enter as the more complicated it is to enter the less people would participate. So keep it simple and sweet!
- What would one get if they win? Maybe you are trying to promote a new product or service that you offer. It would be a good idea to have that as your Giveaway gift.
- How will you be choosing the winner? Will you pick a random winner? I have been choosing a random winner for my MiniMeCity.com Facebook giveaways.
Once the giveaway is over I would hop onto Rafflecopter random winner selector and use it to choose a random winner. All you have to do is enter your page ID # (You will find how to obtain that on the Rafflecopter page) and find your Giveaway post.
This way Rafflecopter would choose a random winner for you from the list of people who commented on and liked your Facebook giveaway post. TIME SAVER!
- How long will you be running your contest for? A week? A Month? You can always experiment and see what works best for you. I find that shorter time frame giveaways tend to get people more excited and more eager to join.
3. PROMOTE YOUR FACBEBOOK GIVEAWAY
Promote, promote, and promote the 3 words you need to remember. If your goal is for your giveaway to go viral and reach the maximum number of people, then you need to continuously promote your campaign. I think this is the main reason why some Giveaways are successful and why others don’t reach their goals.
Once your Facebook Giveaway is up and running, now is the time for you to start promoting your campaign.
I was writing down all the ways you can promote your Facebook Giveaway and I decided to make it as a new blog about it, as I wanted to go in depth over each point that you can apply to promote your Facebook Giveaway. (Make sure to check it out here, SUPER IMPORTANT!)
4. START INTERACTING WITH YOUR IDEAL CUSTOMERS AND BUILD YOUR EMAIL LIST
One of the most recent and amazing feature Facebook introduced is being able to message people who comment on your Facebook posts. It is an incredible way to start talking directly to your ideal customers.
I used this feature is to build my email list. We contacted commenters on that giveaway post and personally thanked them for participating in the giveaway. We also asked for their email addresses if they would like to be informed when we have special offers and promotions that are only available to subscribers. Once the giveaway ended we created a sales page (Using Leadpages) with an amazing special offer only available for 24 hours and to our giveaway participants.
Upon the members’ consent, we enlisted their emails to my subscribers’ list in order for them to receive future promotions and to keep up to date with my newsletter. That is a smart way for you to increase subscribers on your email list.
5. CHOOSE YOUR GIVEAWAY WINNER & RINSE & REPEAT
I am always excited to announce the winner! I created a giveaway page on my website with the names of all the winners from the contests that I ran. Now remember to feel free to twist and tweak until you get the results that you are happy with. There is no right or wrong answer as long as you are following the Facebook Rules.
So, to wrap up this post, let me know whether you have previously ran a Facebook giveaway, did you get the results you were looking for? What additional advice would you share with us? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.